Black Bean Burgers with Sriracha Aioli
- Prep Time 0:10
- Cook Time 0:05
- Estimated Cost $11.00
- 9 Comments
You’ll never go back to regular frozen veggie burgers after you try this recipe. As you can probably tell from our previous recipes, we LOVE black beans. They’re low in fat, high in fiber and protein…and inexpensive—even if you buy organic. Make extra aioli to perk up sandwiches or french fries.
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained $1.50
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise, divided Pantry
- 1/3 cup plain dry bread crumbs $1.50
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin $2.50 for 1 oz.
- salt and pepper to taste Pantry
- 1 small bunch finely chopped cilantro or flat leaf parsley $1
- 1 tbsp olive oil Pantry
- 2 kaiser or french rolls $2
- 1 tsp Sriracha $2.50 for 16 oz
Recipe Serves 2
- In a small bowl, smash half of the beans with the back of a fork along with 2 tbsp of the mayonnaise, the bread crumbs, cumin, salt and pepper until well-incorporated. Transfer to a bowl and stir in cilantro or parsley and remaining beans. Form mixture into 2 patties.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Cook burgers until outsides are crisp, about 3 minutes per side.
- To make the Sriracha aioli, mix 1 tsp Sriracha with 2 tbsp mayonnaise. Stir well to incorporate.
- To serve, split rolls in half and place burger on the bottom half. Top with a layer of the aioli and your favorite burger toppings (avocado, cheese, onions, tomato, etc).