Basil-Feta Turkey Burgers with Avocado
- Prep Time 0:25
- Cook Time 0:12
- Estimated Cost $13.50
- 5 Comments
These easy burgers taste much fancier than they actually are. The key is to use fresh basil though—not dried, as it imparts a bright, sunny flavor.
- 1/2 lb lean ground turkey $3
- 1 Roma tomato, chopped $0.50
- 1 small bunch basil, chopped $1
- 3 oz. crumbled feta cheese $4 for 8 oz.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced Pantry
- 1/2 red onion, chopped $0.50
- generous pinch each of salt and pepper Pantry
- olive oil (for brushing grill or grill pan) Pantry
- 4 hamburger buns $3 for 6
- 1 avocado, sliced $1.50
Recipe Serves 4
- Combine turkey, tomato, basil, feta, garlic, onion, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl. Use hands to mix and form into 4 patties. Transfer to a clean plate. Wash hands thoroughly.
- Heat a grill or grill pan over high heat. Brush lightly with oil.
- Grill burgers for 4-6 minutes on each side or until lightly charred and fully-cooked.
- Serve on burgers with avocado.