Baked Eggs in Tomato Sauce
- Prep Time 0:05
- Cook Time 0:17
- Estimated Cost $11.50
- 10 Comments
There could not be a better supper or brunch to make for unexpected guests. If you already have tomato sauce on hand, it’s just a matter of cracking some eggs, crumbling some feta and chopping parsley. Feel free to switch the parsley out for cilantro, thyme, basil or even chives.
Serve this one with crusty fresh bread or English muffins for dipping.
- 3 cups Quick Fresh Tomato Sauce (or other tomato sauce) $5.50 for the whole recipe
- 4 eggs $1.50 for 6
- 3 oz crumbled feta cheese $3.50 for 8 oz.
- 1 handful fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped $1 for a bunch
- salt and pepper to taste Pantry
Recipe Serves 4
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Ladle 3/4 cup sauce into each of 4 oven-proof bowls or dishes.
- Gently crack an egg into the sauce in each dish.
- Top eggs and sauce with a sprinkle of the crumbled feta.
- Bake for 13-17 minutes (more time will yield a firmer egg yolk).
- Top with parsley and salt and pepper to taste.