- Prep Time 0:10
- Cook Time 0:30
- Estimated Cost $10.00
- 2 Comments
This easy fruit butter is the perfect alternative to jam or jelly, and is absolutely perfect on Black Pepper-Sage Biscuits. The figs give sweet apples the earthy accent they beg for. Try whisking this together with a little balsamic vinegar and reducing over a low flame to make an unbeatable glaze for grilled chicken.
- 3 Gala, Fuji, or Red Delicious apples, peeled, cored and chopped $1.50
- 8 dried Black Mission figs, stems removed, chopped $4
- 1/2 cup sugar Pantry
- 1 tsp. nutmeg $1.50 for 1 oz.
- 1 tsp. cinnamon $1.50 for 1 oz.
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar $1.50 for 12 oz.
- Combine all ingredients with 1/2 cup water in a small saucepan. Cook covered, over medium heat for 30 minutes or until fruit is very soft.
- Puree in a food processor or using an immersion blender until smooth.
- Allow to cool slightly and serve as you would jam, with bread, toast, or biscuits. Store leftovers in an airtight container with a lid (a glass jar works well).
- Makes about 1 1/2 cups apple-fig butter.