A Very BrokeAss Holiday
If there's one thing that fills me with dread, year after year, like clockwork, it's that realization, oh, some time around December 15th (earlier, if Chanukah pops by right after Thanksgiving, as it is sometimes wont to do) that I still have 100% of my holiday shopping left to do--and approximately zero time left to do it.
Don't get me wrong--I get a lot of joy out of picking out special things for people I love. It's the mall crowds (kill me now), the decision-making (Would he rather have a green tie with blue stripes or a blue tie with green stripes? How long should the tie be? Does he even wear ties?! Aaahhhh!) and the ungodly amounts of hard-earned cash spent (on something the recipient may or may not return as soon as I'm not looking) that really bum me out.
Then, of course, there are the even more daunting people on your gift list who leave you utterly clueless in the gift department. Your sister's new boyfriend, about whom the only information you can glean from his Facebook page is that he really, really likes ferrets? What do you get that guy? Your cubicle-mate, whose YouTube acapella obsession is the reason you now dream in 5-part harmony? What do you get for her?
Well guess what: I have your solution. Does every single person on your gift list eat? Yeah, thought so. Do they, like you, like to save money? Do they want a really thoughful, special present?
Yes! They do!
They need The BrokeAss Gourmet Cookbook. If you don't mind my bragging, it really is the definitive guide for life-long foodies, self-proclaimed gourmands, penny-pinching parents, dorm-living college students, tenacious teen cooks and everyone in between. It's loaded with great recipes (116 of them!) funny anecdotes and just enough hand-holding to help new cooks feel confident in the kitchen.
Fortunately for you, I am going to make your Chrisma-Chanu-Kwanza-Soltice shopping wildly easy this year, because for a mere $20 plus shipping (usually $3-$5, depending on location), I will inscribe, sign, beautifully giftwrap and ship a copy of The BrokeAss Gourmet Cookbook anywhere in the United States (and maybe overseas--if that's something you'd like to do, let's talk).
I'll be taking orders until December 14th (supplies permitting), so that the books arrive in time.
If you'd like to order a book, please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org (I'll write back with the total cost after I calculate shipping):
- Your name.
- Your phone number.
- Who the book is for (first and last names).
- The full address of where you'd like the book sent (make sure to indicate if this is your home/workplace or the home/workplace of the recipient so I can address it correctly).
- The phone number of the recipient (this is just for the delivery form--i won't call them).
- Anything special you'd like me to write in the inscription. Is the book for your neice who just started college? Let me know and I'll direct her to my recipe for college nachos. For your vegetarian best friend? I'll tell her to try my veggie burger recipe.
- The date by which you'd like the book to arrive (ie: if it's a Chanukah present, let me know so I'll make sure to get it in the mail in early December).
I'll be doing payments via PayPal, so if you need to set up a PayPal account (it's easy!) click here.
I'm so excited to get started signing and wrapping! Let's make this the happiest, merriest, least-stressful holiday season ever!