- Prep Time 0:20
- Estimated Cost $7.50
- 38 Comments
You might not think of watermelon as something that can be served with feta cheese and onion, but the contrast of the sweet, juicy melon with the tart cheese and onion is actually quite lovely. Fresh mint and lime keep it light and refreshing. Perfect for a picnic or bbq.
- 1/2 large or 1 small watermelon (about 2 lbs) $2
- 1 red onion, diced $0.50
- 4 oz. feta, crumbled $3.50
- 1 large handful fresh mint, chopped $1
- 2 tbsp olive oil Pantry
- juice of 1 fresh lime $0.50
- salt and pepper to taste Pantry
Recipe Serves 4-6
- Cut the flesh away from the melon rind and into bite-size chunks. Discard the seeds as much as possible.
- Place the watermelon chunks in a bowl with the onion, feta and mint.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil and lime juice. Pour over the salad. Toss gently and season with salt and pepper to taste.