Sole with Goat Cheese, Lemon and Chives
- Prep Time 0:10
- Cook Time 0:12
- Estimated Cost $9.00
- 6 Comments
This dish takes 20 minutes to throw together, but still appears sophisticated. The long chives are a dramatic touch, making this dish a nice alternative to regular old baked fish. Sole is delicate yet buttery, so rich flavors of goat cheese and olive oil work nicely with it while the lemon and chives add nice freshness.
- 6 oz. soft goat cheese $3.50 for 8 oz.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced Pantry
- 1 lemon--half juiced, half sliced into 4 thin rounds $0.50
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil plus more for the pan Pantry
- salt and pepper to taste Pantry
- 4 fillets (about 1/4 lb each) Dover sole $4
- 1 bunch fresh chives $1
Recipe Serves 4
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet and set aside.
- Use the back of a fork to mash the goat cheese with the garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Lay a sole fillet on a clean cutting board and use a butter knife or rubber spatula to spread it liberally with 1/4 of the goat cheese mixture. lay a small bunch of chives (7-8 long ones) in the center of the cheese, so that the fish and the chives form a cross.
- Gently roll the sole around the chives, cheese-side in, so the chives are sticking out of either end of the wrapped-up fish. Place on the prepared pan. Repeat with remaining fish, filling and chives.
- Top each sole roll-up with a slice of lemon and gently secure with a toothpick. Top with more pepper and bake for 10-12 minutes (check after 8 minutes to avoid over-cooking. The fish is done when it's tender but cooked-through and the cheese is warm and very soft.
- Serve immediately.
Leave a Comment
What They're Saying
Kristina @ spabettie, on Oct 27, 06:01 PM, wrote:
this sounds fabulous… my mom made a rolled sole when I was a kid… I loved it but cannot recall what was in it… not goat cheese!! goat cheese is my favorite!
Kristen, on Oct 30, 11:23 AM, wrote:
Mmm! Sounds simple yet delicious! I LOVE goat cheese!
Live Streaming, on Jan 11, 08:37 AM, wrote:
Keep on sharing great ideas and information! We appreciate it and continue your great work!
Solar, on Feb 22, 06:59 AM, wrote:
Continue your great work! Very helpful these days.
dementia nurse Pinehurst, on May 4, 12:16 AM, wrote:
Please continue to inspire your readers. Good work!
Deejay, on Apr 10, 03:26 AM, wrote:
A creative agency is a company that specializes in providing creative and strategic services to clients across various industries. The goal of a “Creative Agency“https://watsoncreative.com/ is to help clients effectively communicate their brand messaging to their target audience through compelling visuals, engaging content, and impactful marketing strategies. The services provided by a creative agency can vary depending on the needs of the client.