Shish Kabobs Over Thai Coconut Risotto
- Prep Time 0:15
- Cook Time 0:30
- Estimated Cost $13.50
- 18 Comments
One day I had a real hankering for coconut rice but only Italian arborio rice on hand. I got to thinking and I realized that there was no reason I couldn’t substitute coconut milk for the stock or cream used in regular risotto. The resulting dish was a smooth, creamy and vegan risotto that cost me no more than a few dollars and thoroughly impressed my friends. The tofu can be switched out for chicken, beef or shrimp when you’re dining with carnivores.
- 1 cup arborio rice $3
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil, divided Pantry
- 1 14-oz can coconut milk $1.50
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut $1
- 1 small bunch cilantro, chopped $1
- juice and zest of 1 lime $0.50
- 2 cloves garlic, minced Pantry
- 4 scallions, sliced $1
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes $1.50 for 1 oz.
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1" cubes $1.50
- 6 oz. tofu, cut into 1" cubes $1.50
- 1 cup broccoli florets $1
- soy sauce Pantry
Recipe Serves 2
- Heat one tbsp of the vegetable oil over medium-high heat in a medium saucepan. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute or until soft. Add the rice and allow to toast lightly, about 2 minutes. Stir in the shredded coconut and red pepper flakes. Slowly stir in 3 cups water, 1/2 cup at a time until fully absorbed (this will take about 20 minutes). Add the coconut milk slowly (1/2 cup at a time) until fully absorbed. When the rice is soft and the consistency is creamy, stir in the lime juice and zest, 1/2 of the cilantro and 1/2 of the scallions (reserve the rest for garnish). Cover the risotto and keep over the lowest flame until ready to serve.
- To prepare the shish kabobs, skewer the broccoli florets, tofu, and red peppers in whatever order you like on 6 wooden or metal skewers. Drizzle with a little soy sauce. Heat the remaining vegetable oil in a grill pan or a heavy skillet over high heat. Set the skewers in the hot pan and allow to cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- To serve, divide the risotto between 2 plates and serve the skewers atop the risotto. Garnish with the remaining scallions and cilantro.
Leave a Comment
What They're Saying
lo, on Mar 30, 11:22 AM, wrote:
Oh, wow. I can think of numerous applications for the coconut risotto. Smashing combination!
Complay Digital, on Apr 30, 02:58 AM, wrote:
You can purchase all of the social media like TikTok, YouTube, Instagram likes views, comments, followers, subscribers and so many greater from India’s No.-1 promoting website https:www.ytviews.in/ with a money-back guarantee, steady method, genuine service, 24/7 help, and many more offers.
hp printer setup, on Jun 22, 04:05 AM, wrote:
hp printer setup
slot pulsa, on Jul 5, 08:34 PM, wrote:
Love it shish kabobs
buy instagram followers, on Aug 27, 10:19 AM, wrote:
Admiring the commitment you put into your blog and in depth information you provide. It’s awesome to come across a blog every once in a while that isn’t the same unwanted rehashed information. Wonderful read! I’ve saved your site and I’m adding your RSS feeds to my Google account.
monica, on Sep 10, 11:58 PM, wrote:
Emenac Packaging offers custom designed cereal boxes to effectively pack and present your breakfast meals. Getting inside the minds of your consumers, providing your arresting cereal boxes a high end body with several embellishments, combining variety of themes with multiple colors is definitely going to make your target audience curious and shift towards your morning meal plan.
Custom boxes, on Nov 4, 10:44 PM, wrote:
Worth a try!
buy youtube views, on Nov 9, 02:23 AM, wrote:
This looks delicious.
Spiderman Last Stand Jacket, on Mar 4, 09:06 AM, wrote:
I am amazed by the way you have explained things in this article.
The Hope Hospital, on Aug 7, 03:18 AM, wrote:
Are you searching for the best Emergency Hospital in Noida? Then we would recommend Hope hospital Which offers all department specialists. Best Non-COVID-19 Hospital. Visit Us- https://www.thehopehospital.org/
789betting vip, on Aug 23, 09:57 PM, wrote:
Information that you have written the article Regarding food, I have been very helpful. Excellent.
HBCU Varsity Jacket, on Jan 31, 06:32 AM, wrote:
It’s always exciting to read articles from other writers and practice something from their web sites.
Maverick Flight Jacket, on May 17, 12:40 AM, wrote:
Thank you for sharing such a useful information here in the blog
Marlboro Jacket, on Jul 4, 03:11 AM, wrote:
Thank you so much for this wonderful Post and all the best for your future. I hope to see more posts from you. I am satisfied with your post. You are really a talented person I have ever.
casino online, on Sep 20, 07:47 PM, wrote:
Why couldn’t I have the same or similar opinions as you? T^T I hope you also visit my blog and give us a good opinion. casino online</a>
Mary Mouser Bomber Jacket, on Oct 18, 03:44 AM, wrote:
I am finding everywhere. Thanks for your blog, I just subscribe your blog. This is a nice blog..
Netsviral, on Jan 22, 11:06 PM, wrote:
If any Instagram users do not have more views on their posted reels and those users want to get more views on their Instagram reels then they can buy Instagram Reel views India.
Black Aviator Jacket, on May 22, 04:49 AM, wrote:
which was first designed for pilots, is becoming more and more well-liked, and we know why. This fit is incredibly adaptable and universally pleasing. Wear your flying jacket over dresses for a more glitzy affair or with jeans and sneakers for relaxed days.