- Prep Time 0:15
- Cook Time 0:10
- Estimated Cost $6.00
- 10 Comments
Scallion pancakes are a longtime dim sum favorite of mine. They’re perfect as an appetizer (hint: this recipe is very easy to double or triple) but they also make a nice side dish alongside a little grilled chicken or tofu and a green vegetable.
- 2 cups flour plus more for rolling dough Pantry
- 1/2 tsp salt Pantry
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 4 scallions, sliced $1
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil (plus more if needed) Pantry
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds $2
- 2 tbsp sesame oil $3.00 for 10 oz.
- Combine flour, salt and boiling water in a food processor and pulse for 1 minute until a soft dough forms (you can also make the dough in a bowl with a spoon, just stir vigorously for 2-3 minutes). Form into a ball and allow to rest for five minutes.
- Divide the dough into 6 balls. Roll out each ball on a floured surface into a 5-inch circle. Using a pastry brush, coat both sides with sesame oil and press the 1/6 each of the scallions and the sesame seeds onto one side.
- Heat the vegetable oil over high heat in a large frying pan and fry the scallion pancakes for 1-2 minutes on each side until. Drain on paper towels.
- To serve, cut into wedges and serve with soy sauce for dipping. Makes 6 pancakes.
Leave a Comment
What They're Saying
Fern, on Apr 24, 08:47 AM, wrote:
Ah, Chinese style – I have a variation based on local wild onions. Korean style are grand, too, but more ‘batter’ based and often include tref like squid.
Sue Kennedy, on Apr 27, 07:15 AM, wrote:
Hi Gabi, I’m a friend of Tanya Wagner and she said you could give me a word or two about starting a culinary herb garden from my third floor apartment. Any advice?
slot deposit pulsa, on Jul 5, 09:51 PM, wrote:
Oh I like scallion pancakes
Top CV Writers, on Aug 20, 11:40 PM, wrote:
Scallion pancakes are elaborated and displayed on this particular blog page. People should try this brokeass recipes in the days of quarantine. Things are explained in a wonderful manner on this forum. Thanks for sharing this with us.
Professional Cv Writing Services In Qatar, on Oct 27, 04:33 AM, wrote:
Thank you so much for sharing such a delicious testy dish recipe with us, it looks super amazing.
Dareto, on Nov 29, 01:48 AM, wrote:
Thanks to the creator for writing the post, it was quite necessary for me and liked it. I wrote a note on the essays services reviews about this. I will be happy if you read it and accept it. Thank you for your concern.
1v1 lol, on Dec 8, 11:29 PM, wrote:
slope unblocked Come again this year and take me to that day without fail
Even if the first snow melts again, even if the moon passes twelve times. I remember today.
Cheapest Essay Writing Service USA, on Mar 3, 03:33 AM, wrote:
I really want to thank you for this amazing post as I love to eat tasty foods. this recipe helps those women and girls who love to make delicious foods and dishes. I hope you will also share these kinds of posts with us. thanks a lot.
Vorcy, on Dec 16, 09:10 AM, wrote:
Fear of failing to write a good essay leads to the omission of important material,
Steve, on Dec 16, 09:13 AM, wrote:
And the conclusion – buy thesis paper may differ from the introduction. If necessary, they should ask additional questions and try to gather further information.