Pumpkin-Poblano Corn Muffins with Honey Butter
- Prep Time 0:15
- Cook Time 0:18
- 7 Comments
I’m going to my friend Brett’s house for chili tonight, so I did what any good friend would do—I made corn muffins. But I have to tell you, these aren’t just any corn muffins—these are super-moist, spicy-sweet pumpkin corn muffins with luscious homemade honey butter. I am a really, really good friend.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour Pantry
- 1 cup cornmeal $2 for 16 oz.
- 1 tsp baking soda Pantry
- 1 tsp baking powder Pantry
- 1/2 tsp salt Pantry
- 1 tbsp brown sugar Pantry
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus more for greasing muffin pan Pantry
- 2/3 cup milk (any % is fine) $1.50 for a pint
- 1 egg $1.50 for 6
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree $1.50 for 15 oz.
- 1 Poblano pepper, seeded and diced $0.50
- freshly ground pepper Pantry
- 1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature $1
- 2 tbsp honey (or more to taste) Pantry
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin pan, two 6-cup muffin pans, or 2 8" round or square cake pans. If using muffin pans, muffin liners can also be used (regular size).
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, baking soda, baking powder, salt and brown sugar. Whisk in olive oil, milk, egg and pumpkin puree until a smooth batter is achieved. Stir in Poblano pepper and a pinch of ground pepper.
- Pour into prepared muffin cups (they should be nearly full) or pans and top each muffin with a tiny pinch of black pepper. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- While the muffins bake, combine the butter and honey in a mixing bowl. Whisk aggressively until fluffy and well-incorporated.
- Serve the muffins or cornbread with the butter.
Makes 12 muffins or 2 8" pans of cornbread and about 1/4 cup honey butter.
Leave a Comment
What They're Saying
dining table, on Jan 27, 09:38 PM, wrote:
I like the photo of the recipe! It really looks so amazingly delicious!
Suzanne, on Jan 28, 08:49 PM, wrote:
wow, these muffins look amazing! I’ll have to give it a try!
Heather @ (The Single Dish), on Jan 29, 06:29 AM, wrote:
Those corn muffins look amazing!! I am going to make them when I make chili next time, yummy!
Banu, on Jan 30, 10:10 AM, wrote:
Whoa…these have all my favorite flavors; I might have to make them this weekend. Thank you!
Bettina, on Oct 25, 11:26 PM, wrote:
These are delish! I just made a batch and they are best cornbread muffins I’ve had in ages … Thank you for sharing!
Red Deer Renovations, on Aug 25, 12:37 PM, wrote:
I adore the articles and reviews because your work inspires us. Keep up the good work and we will continue to support your web posts.
slotsite, on Jan 31, 11:31 PM, wrote:
It’s too bad to check your article late. I wonder what it would be if we met a little faster. I want to exchange a little more, but please visit my site <aslotsite> and leave a message!!