- Prep Time 0:25
- Cook Time 0:40
- Estimated Cost $15.50
- 5 Comments
My friend Erik had a spectacularly awful week last week. I asked what I could do to help. He requested that I bake him a pecan pie. Of course I was happy to oblige.
Now, like any foodie worth her salt (pun definitely intended), I am well-aware of the problems with high fructose corn syrup , a product almost always called for in pecan pie recipes, so I had to do some tinkering to figure out how to make this pie corn syrup-free. The result was a lovely, gooey confection that didn’t have the sickeningly sweet aftertaste that some pecan pies leave. Success.
- 2 eggs $1.50 for 6
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed Pantry
- 1/4 cup sugar Pantry
- 1 stick butter, melted $1
- 2 tbsp sour cream or yogurt $1.50 for 6 oz.
- 2 tsp vanilla extract $4 for 4 oz.
- pinch salt pantry
- 1 tbsp flour pantry
- 1 cup pecan halves $6
- 1 prepared pie shell (buy one or make your own) $1.50
Recipe Serves 6-8
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Whisk together eggs, brown sugar, regular sugar, melted butter, sour cream, vanilla, salt and flour until smooth and creamy. Stir in pecan halves. Pour mixture into prepared pie shell.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then reduce heat to 350 degrees F and bake for another 25-30 minutes, or until filling has set and crust is golden brown.
Leave a Comment
What They're Saying
Pat, on Jul 26, 08:44 AM, wrote:
The corn syrup called for in home recipes is not the same as high-fructose corn syrup. (see Wikipedia for a article on the differences) Not that this makes the recipe above sound any less delicious. Just don’t want people to be unnecessarily concerned about all their recipes that call for corn syrup.
Kim, on Jul 26, 09:40 AM, wrote:
Love the idea, but the corn syrup you buy in the grocery store is not high-fructose corn syrup, which is produced for commercial use. Regular old corn syrup doesn’t have a link to the problems with HFCS.
Love your blog! :)
Christa aka the BabbyMama, on Nov 24, 07:23 PM, wrote:
I see others have already chimed in about how HFCS isn’t quite the same thing as the corn syrup on supermarket shelves.
안전놀이터, on Apr 26, 09:50 AM, wrote:
I enjoy what you guys ɑre up too. Such clevеr work and reporting! <a href=“https://www.totositehot.pro/” target=”_blank” title=“안전놀이터”>안전놀이터</a>
Avellaneda Escorts, on Mar 23, 12:27 AM, wrote:
Me gusta lo que haces también. ¡Qué trabajo e información tan inteligentes!