Omelets with Goat Cheese, Caramelized Onions and Fresh Herbs
- Prep Time 0:10
- Cook Time 0:08
- Estimated Cost $9.50
- 3 Comments
Perhaps one of the my quickest, simplest meals, the omelet isn’t just for breakfast. I frequently whip up an omelet with salad or toast at the end of a long day when I’m left with no energy for cooking. I recently picked up farm-fresh eggs, goat cheese and herbs at the farmers market and thought this the perfect way to enjoy them with minimal effort.
- 6 eggs $1.50 for 6
- 2 oz. soft goat cheese, such as chèvre or Boucheron $4 for 6 oz.
- 1/2 white onion, diced $0.50
- 3 tbsp butter, divided $1.50 for a stick
- 1 small bunch basil, chopped $1
- 1 small bunch flat leaf parsley, chopped $1
- salt and pepper to taste Pantry
Recipe Serves 2
- In a small frying pan, melt 1 tbsp butter over medium heat. Add the onions and cook slowly, allowing to caramelize, about 6 minutes.
- While the onions cook, beat the eggs in a small bowl until fully scrambled. Melt 1 tbsp butter in another (or the same, after removing onions) small frying pan, over medium-low heat. Add half of the beaten eggs and immediately begin moving your spatula around in the eggs.
- Once the bottom of your omelet is firm, top with half the goat cheese, half the caramelized onions and half the fresh herbs. Add salt and pepper to taste. Gently fold in half and transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining omelet ingredients and eat. If necessary, the first omelet can be kept warm in a 180 degree oven briefly while the second omelet is cooked.
- Serve hot with toast, potatoes, bacon, a green salad, fruit etc--or just on its own.
Leave a Comment
What They're Saying
Claire, on Nov 3, 10:35 AM, wrote:
Thank you for your recipes! I am on a small budget but still want to eat healthy meals. I find that I can enjoy many of your recipes even with my restrictive diet (no wheat or sugar). Thank you so much!!
Hannah, on Sep 4, 08:55 AM, wrote:
I made this and it was FABULOUS! Thanks you BA gourmet! I also watched the video and the technique completely worked. So delish easy and cheap! xo
slot deposit pulsa, on Jul 24, 10:04 PM, wrote:
omelets with goat cheese caramelized onions looks delicious!