Mango-Salmon Summer Rolls
- Prep Time 0:20
- Cook Time 0:05
- Estimated Cost $11.50
- 5 Comments
This is one of those magical dishes that impresses everyone. It makes a perfect appetizer served alongside cold sparkling wine or champagne but sometimes I have them by themselves for dinner.
- 8 rice paper spring roll wrappers $1
- 1/2 mango, sliced into matchsticks $1.50
- 1/2 avocado, sliced into 2" x 1/4" pieces $1
- 2 carrots, shredded $1
- 1 4 oz. fillet of salmon $5
- 1 small bunch fresh mint $1
- 4 scallions, snipped into 2" pieces $1
- 1 tsp olive or vegetable oil Pantry
- Heat oil in a small frying pan over high heat. Sear salmon for 2-3 minutes on each sides (I prefer it a little bit rare in the middle). Remove salmon from heat and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes. Slice salmon into 8 strips. Set aside.
- Wet a rice paper wrapper under the tap. Shake gently to remove excess water. Set on a clean, dry surface and allow to soften for 1 minute. Once soft, and flexible, layer with (in this order) mint, scallions, salmon, avocado, mango and carrots. Be sure to lay everything in the same direction. Remember, less is more. Don't overload your spring roll or it will tear. To roll up, fold in the top and bottom ends and roll up so it looks like a tiny burrito. Repeat with remaining rice paper wrappers.
- Serve sliced in half on the bias with hoisin or peanut sauce. Makes 8 spring rolls.
Leave a Comment
What They're Saying
Victoria, on Apr 30, 09:43 AM, wrote:
This looks so good!! I can’t wait to try it :)
AJ Anhalt, on Apr 30, 10:56 AM, wrote:
Yummy! This is one of my favorite dishes!
Gabe Gross, on May 3, 07:28 PM, wrote:
Tried them as a light dinner with a spring soup this weekend at a dinner party. It was super easy and since I don’t cook like this usually it was nice to just lay out all the ingredients and have guests make their own as they pleased. Thanks for the post!
slot pulsa, on Jul 5, 09:49 PM, wrote:
Oh I like mango salmon rolls
best10essaywritingservices, on Feb 3, 04:09 AM, wrote:
I really had a great time with your post! I am looking forward to read more blog post regarding this!