Kale Caesar Salad
- Prep Time 0:15
- Estimated Cost $9
- 6 Comments
Earthy kale, as it turns out, stands up wonderfully to this bold, creamy dressing.
I am loving massaged kale. A few gentle squeezes of these deeply flavorful, healthy leaves, plus a drizzle of dressing that includes an acid like vinegar or lemon juice, yields a softened, antioxidant-rich green. Earthy kale, as it turns out, stands up wonderfully to this bold, creamy dressing. I topped mine with a few fresh croutons, but it'd be great with cooked, cooled veggies like beets or sweet potatoes. It's also be perfect left as is.
- 1 clove garlic, smashed Pantry
- 3 anchovy fillets plus more for garnish $2 for a 2 oz. tin
- 1 egg yolk $1.50 for 6 eggs
- juice and zest of 1 lemon $0.50
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil Pantry
- 1/8 cup shaved Parmesan, plus extra for garnish $3.50 for 12 oz.
- salt and pepper to taste Pantry
- 1 large bunch kale (stems removed) $1.50
- croutons, optional
Recipe Serves 4
- Combine garlic, anchovy fillets, egg yolk, lemon juice and zest in a blender or food processor. Pulse until smooth.
- With machine running, slowly stream in olive oil until dressing is very creamy and thick. Add Parmesan and pulse until dressing is slightly chunky but well-combined, about 45 seconds.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the kale leaves in a large bowl and squeeze a few times to soften.
- Toss with the dressing and a pinches of additional Parmesan.
- Top with croutons, if desired and serve immediately.
Leave a Comment
What They're Saying
Economies of Kale, on Oct 5, 05:50 AM, wrote:
I love kale but it is so expensive in Australia – $5.50 for a bunch! I’m hoping to pick up some for a bit cheaper at the farmer’s market, and eventually to grow it myself. I would have thought it would be too tough for a salad, so massaging sounds like it gets around that problem.
Thanks for sharing :)
Elsa Whittle, on Oct 12, 05:54 AM, wrote:
That is truly heartfelt. It is just enjoyable edible journey may be right over the franchise business plan writing service starting all the way from Sulmona routing through Campo Di Giove, Lama Dei Peligni to Casoli and them getting back to Sulmona through Bus.
EldredStamm, on May 1, 04:23 AM, wrote:
Kale has quickly become one of my favorite greens because it’s so strong, hearty, and crunchy. It stands up well to many different cooking methods (my favorite being sautéeing) and it tastes great raw in salads like this one (which happens to be inspired by my favorite kale salad from NYC’s Cafe Clover). I’ve added all of the classic Caesar ingredients to this recipe—anchovies for a salty kick, Parmesan cheese for an umami flavor, and garlic for that extra zing of something special.This quick Caesar salad recipe is a weeknight-friendly take on the classic. Instead of romaine lettuce, we swap in kale for its excellent nutritional properties and hearty texture. We also make a few substitutions, including anchovy paste and lemon juice in place of the egg yolk. I will read essay writing services reviews to complete my essay with the help of writer. The result is a flavorful salad that’s simple to make and sure to please even the most critical eater!
slotsite, on Oct 17, 01:11 AM, wrote:
Of course, your article is good enough, <slotsite but I thought it would be much better to see professional photos and videos together. There are articles and photos on these topics on my homepage, so please visit and share your opinions.
casino online, on Dec 16, 08:56 PM, wrote:
From some point on, I am preparing to build my site while browsing various sites. It is now somewhat completed. If you are interested, please come to play with !!
football ID providers, on Feb 28, 11:57 PM, wrote:
Get football ID providers and make money online ..—-