Harissa Guacamole with Greek Yogurt

I am infatuated with harissa, a hot Tunisian chili sauce. Seriously, I am 13-year-old girl to harissa’s Zac Efron. I truly believe it makes everything better.

Spread it on burgers or pizza, drizzle over eggs or try my current way of eating it, in this unique guacamole made with creamy and tart Greek yogurt.

Note: Harissa can reliably be found at Whole Foods in the ethnic foods section.

• ingredients
  • 2 avocados, pitted and peeled $3
  • 1/4 onion, chopped finely $0.50 for a whole onion
  • 1 handful fresh cilantro, chopped (reserve a few pinches for garnish) $1 for a bunch
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced Pantry
  • 1/4 cup Greek-style yogurt (low-fat or whole milk), plus more for garnish $2 for 8 oz.
  • juice of 1/4 lemon $0.50 for a whole lemon
  • 2-3 tsp (or more to taste) prepared Harissa, plus more for garnish (I like the Shiloh) $4.50 for 11 oz
  • salt and pepper to taste Pantry
Total Cost of Ingredients $9.50

Directions

Mash avocados with the back of a fork until only slightly chunky. To the bowl, add the onion, cilantro, garlic, yogurt and lemon juice. Stir well.

Add 2 tsp of the harissa, taste, and then add a little bit more if you like.

Serve, topped with a dollop of yogurt, a drizzle of harissa and a shower of cilantro. Pita chips and cut-up vegetables make great dippers for this guacamole.

Stephanie, on Jul 14, 03:08 PM, wrote:

Ah! I studied abroad in Tunisia 3 years ago and when I was there I put harissa on EVERYTHING. I never thought about putting it in guacamole. Also for a note…you can get it at William Sonoma. Thanks for the recipe!!

Robin, on Jul 15, 01:28 AM, wrote:

The Hummus Guy at the Alemany Farmers Market has AMAAAAAZING harissa.

Linda, on Jun 3, 06:23 AM, wrote:

I really enjoy your site. I wish you would add a pinterest pin so that I could pin your recipes. Thanks

Maxi, on Oct 11, 05:25 AM, wrote:

I’ve shared your website in my social networks! click here

Maxi, on Oct 13, 09:50 AM, wrote:

I never expressed respect to the blog owner for those tips. My people happened to be absolutely thrilled to study them and have clearly been taking advantage of those things. 1kg sweets

FXGM, on Oct 21, 09:00 PM, wrote:

Great write-up, I’m normal visitor of one’s web site.. FXGM

Car Recovery Services, on Oct 29, 11:13 PM, wrote:

It’s actually near unthinkable to come across well-educated men or women on this matter, nevertheless you look like you understand what you’re revealing! Thanks A Lot

Gatwick Airport Taxi, on Oct 31, 04:02 AM, wrote:

What’s up, the whole thing is going nicely here and ofcourse every one is sharing information, that’s truly excellent, keep up writing.|

This link, on Nov 23, 08:39 PM, wrote:

Very interesting topic, thank you for posting.

먹튀검증커뮤니티, on Jan 14, 07:50 PM, wrote:

Might be mostly unthinkable to find well-advised parties on this theme, unfortunately you appear like you fully grasp whatever you’re preaching about! Thank You

japanese knife, on Feb 22, 03:05 AM, wrote:

베트맨토토, on Mar 6, 09:56 PM, wrote:

It is actually nearly unthinkable to find well-advised men or women on this area, unfortunately you appear like you are familiar with those things you’re writing about! Gratitude