Grilled Lamb Chops over Carrot-Gorgonzola Smash
- Prep Time 0:45
- Cook Time 0:25
- Estimated Cost $20.00
- 1 Comment
- 6 fresh lamb chops, bone-in $13
- 5 tbsp olive oil, divided Pantry
- 3 cloves garlic, minced Pantry
- 1 small bunch flat leaf parsley, chopped finely $1
- salt and pepper to taste Pantry
- 8 carrots, peeled and chopped $2
- 1 oz. gorgonzola, crumbled $4
Recipe Serves 6
- Combine 3 tbsp olive oil, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add lamb chops and toss to coat. Cover tightly with saran wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- While lamb marinates, make the smash. Boil carrots in hot, salted water for 20-25 minutes or until very soft. Drain and return to pot. Mash in remaining olive oil and gorgonzola. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Smash until very creamy with few chunks.
- When lamb has finished marinating, remove from refrigerator, uncover and bring to room temperature, about 10 minutes.
- Heat a grill pan or regular grill to high heat. Grill lamb chops for 4-5 minutes on each side, depending on desired doneness. To serve, spoon a bit of the carrot smash onto a plate and top each pile of smash with a lamb chop. Garnish with more parsley if desired.
Leave a Comment
What They're Saying
driving directions, on Mar 16, 01:04 AM, wrote:
Make the smash while the lamb is marinating. Boil carrots for 20 to 25 minutes, or until very tender, in boiling, salted water. Drain and put the pot back. Add the remaining gorgonzola and olive oil and mash. To taste, add salt and pepper to the food. Blend until extremely creamy and hardly chunky.