Dulce de Leche Brownies
- Prep Time 0:30
- Cook Time 0:25
- Estimated Cost $12.50
- 5 Comments
Tonight I’m headed to check out my little brother’s new digs in Oakland (I call him my “little brother,” but he’s no little guy—just younger). Thanks to a little whoopsie on the Bay Bridge, I’ll be taking BART from San Francisco across to the East Bay to see Jeremy and his girlfriend Holly, and so will be somewhat limited in terms of how big of a housewarming present I’ll be able to carry. My answer? Gooey, caramel-y brownies, cooled, cut and piled on a foil-wrapped plate.
- 8 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips $4
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter $1.50
- 1 1/2 cups sugar Pantry
- 2 tbsp vanilla, divided $4 for 4 oz.
- 6 tbsp flour Pantry
- 2 large eggs $1.50 for 6
- 1/2 cup whole milk $1.50 for a pint
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Use butter wrappers to grease an 8x12" or 9x9" glass or metal baking dish. Set aside.
- In a small pot, melt butter and chocolate chips over medium heat, stirring frequently. Remove from heat when melted.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together eggs, 1 tbsp vanilla and 1 cup sugar using a whisk, about 1 minute. Use a spatula to fold in chocolate-butter mixture until combined.
- Gently stir in flour 1 tbsp at a time. Pour batter in greased pan.
- Melt remaining 1/2 stick of butter in a small sauce pan over medium-high heat. Add remaining 1/2 cup of sugar and 1 tbsp vanilla and whisk slowly, allowing sugars to melt and a soft caramel to form. This may take 3-4 minutes. Once caramel forms, add milk slowly until the mixture becomes very creamy. Continue to cook until mixture is the texture of a thin batter. Remove from heat and allow to cool 10 minutes.
- Pour slightly-cooled dulce de leche in long lines with space in between over brownie batter. Drag a butter knife throughout lines to marble, as pictured. Bake 23-25 minutes or until top is slightly cracked.
Makes large 8-10 brownies.
Leave a Comment
What They're Saying
Lauren Quinn, on Oct 29, 06:23 PM, wrote:
Holy crap. I’m headed to the Whole Foods right now!
Good luck getting across the Bay; I hear it’s a nightmare.
Jennyfair Flynn, on May 26, 04:22 PM, wrote:
Made this last night for the kiddies. I messed up the directions a bit because I melted all the butter with the chocolate. I didn’t read all the way ahead on the directions, but I do see that it does not tell you to only melt 1 stick with the chocolate. I keep going anyhow, and they came out super ugly and not set, but they tasted awesome. We loved them and will for sure be making them again the right way.
SPORTSTOTOTOP500, on Nov 5, 02:59 AM, wrote:
I AM REALLY GLAD TO GLANCE AT THIS WEBSITE POSTS WHICH INCLUDES PLENTY OF
USEFUL DATA, THANKS FOR PROVIDING SUCH INFORMATION.
THANKS FOR THIS!
PACHINKOSITE500, on Nov 5, 03:00 AM, wrote:
ATTRACTIVE COMPONENT OF CONTENT. I JUST STUMBLED UPON YOUR SITE AND IN ACCESSION CAPITAL TO CLAIM THAT I ACQUIRE ACTUALLY ENJOYED ACCOUNT YOUR BLOG POSTS. ANYWAY I WILL BE SUBSCRIBING FOR YOUR FEEDS OR EVEN I SUCCESS YOU ACCESS CONSISTENTLY QUICKLY. THANKS!
RACESITE500, on Nov 5, 03:01 AM, wrote:
HELLO THERE, JUST CHANGED INTO AWARE OF YOUR BLOG THROUGH GOOGLE,AND LOCATED THAT IT’S TRULY INFORMATIVE. NUMEROUS PEOPLE MIGHT BE BENEFITED OUT OF YOUR WRITING. CHEERS!