Damn, That's Kosher (for Passover): Farfel Kugelah
- Prep Time 0:05
- Cook Time 0:65
- Estimated Cost $4.50
- 2 Comments
This is an old family recipe that my grandmother and mother used to make; hence the “add some matzoh meal”, or “mix with a wooden spoon”. My mother probably watched my grandma Bailka and wrote down conventional amounts that my grandmother would have called a glassful or a spoonful! We would stand around in the kitchen, waiting for the little kugels or kugelahs to come out of the oven. They rarely made it to the table!
- ½ lb. matzoh farfel $3
- 1 quart boiling water
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil Pantry
- 1 tbsp. kosher salt Pantry
- 5 large eggs, well beaten $1.50 for 6
- pinch pepper Pantry
- pinch sugar Pantry
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a 12 cup mufﬁn pan. Place farfel in a large bowl and add boiling water. Cover and let stand for 20 minutes or until all of the water is absorbed (if the mixture is too loose, you may add some matzoh meal).
- Add oil, salt, eggs, pepper and sugar. Mix with a wooden spoon. Pour into the greased mufﬁn tin so that the cups are half- full. Bake for 65 minutes. They are best hot out of the oven and slightly moist! Makes 12.