Damn, That's Kosher: Chipotle Meatballs
- Prep Time 0:20
- Cook Time 0:30
- Estimated Cost $19.65
- 4 Comments
Definitely in the comfort food category, especially if you like Mexican food. This dish whips up super fast, and all you need is some salsa, chips and guacamole! Hint: Freeze the leftover chipotle peppers to lengthen their usability.
- 2 fresh plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped $1
- ½ small white onion, coarsely chopped $1
- 1 clove garlic Pantry
- ½ tsp canned chipotle chile peppers, minced $2.15 for 7 oz
- ⅛ tsp ground cloves $1.50 for 1 oz
- 1 tsp vegetable oil Pantry
- ½ lb. kosher ground beef $4
- 2 tbsp fresh breadcrumbs or panko breadcrumbs $3 for 12 oz
- 1/4 egg, lightly beaten $1.50 for 6
- ⅜ tsp dried oregano $1.50 for 1 oz
- salt and freshly ground pepper Pantry
- 2 ¼ tsp. drained capers $2 for 6 oz
- 4 cups freshly-cooked white rice $2
Recipe Serves 2
- Puree tomatoes, onion, garlic, chipotle pepper, and cloves in a processor or blender until almost smooth. Heat oil in a heavy medium-sized saucepan over medium-high heat. Add tomato mixture. Cover and simmer about 10 minutes. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper. Reduce heat.
- In a large bowl, combine beef, breadcrumbs, egg, oregano, ¼ tsp. salt, about 6 grinds of black pepper, and capers. Using hands, form 1 rounded tablespoonful of mixture into meatballs.
- Bring sauce back to a simmer, and add meatballs. Cover and simmer until they are cooked through, about 20 minutes. Serve over the white rice.
Leave a Comment
What They're Saying
Meredith, on Mar 6, 09:46 AM, wrote:
Robin, this looks and sounds Amazing (especially considering the weather we have been having in Nor Cal lately), can’t wait to make it!=)
Justin, on Jan 1, 03:05 PM, wrote:
I made this for a New Years party but used turkey instead of ground beef. HUGE success!
slot deposit pulsa, on Jun 29, 01:48 AM, wrote:
Looks so tasty _
먹튀사이트, on Feb 24, 08:52 AM, wrote:
I want to learn even more issues about it! its very nice article <a href=“https://www.totosafeguide.com” target=”_blank” title=“먹튀사이트”>먹튀사이트</a>