Cranberry-Zinfandel Brownie Bites
- Prep Time 0:30
- Cook Time 0:18
- Estimated Cost $12.50
- 8 Comments
It just seemed obvious.
I had half of a bottle of Zinfandel left over from last night and dark chocolate on the mind (surely inspired spending Friday afternoon with my friend Julie, owner and chocolatier of Salt Side Down Chocolates), so I did the thing that made sense: I combined the two, studded the result with plump dried cranberries and popped it in the oven. Bliss.
- 3/4 (6 tbsp) stick unsalted butter, plus more for greasing pan $1 for a stick
- 2/3 cup inexpensive Zinfandel $2 for a bottle
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips $2 for a 12-oz. bag
- 1/8 cup unsweetened cocoa $4 for 6 oz.
- 1 cup sugar Pantry
- 1 egg $1.50 for 12
- 3/4 cup flour Pantry
- 1/2 tsp salt Pantry
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries $2
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly butter a 12-cup mini-cupcake tray or an 8×8” square pan. Set aside.
- Combine the butter and wine in a small saucepan and cook over medium-high heat for 6-8 minutes, stirring constantly, until butter melts and wine has reduced. Reduce heat to medium, add chocolate chips and whisk gently until chocolate melts.
- Transfer melted chocolate-butter-wine mixture to a mixing bowl and whisk in cocoa, sugar, egg, flour and salt. Add about 1/8 cup water and whisk until mixture is very smooth.
- Pour into prepared muffin cups/pan and top each muffin cup (every 2 1/2 " if you're using an 8"x8" pan) with a few cranberries. Bake 15-18 minutes or until top is shiny and few crumbs cling to an inserted toothpick.
- Cool until the brownies are warm or room temperature and carefully remove from muffin cups (or cut into squares).
Makes 12 mini brownie bites or 8-10 square brownies.
Leave a Comment
What They're Saying
Mitch, on Nov 9, 11:01 AM, wrote:
Ok, I’m totally making these soon…but one question. When do I add the cranberries?
eclecticdeb, on Nov 10, 12:53 PM, wrote:
These are going to be made tonight.
gadi, on Nov 11, 12:53 PM, wrote:
Wow. i wish i could taste it…
Liz, on Nov 22, 07:24 AM, wrote:
These came out HEAVENLY. Thank you! Someone told me about this blog recently, I’ve already tried out a few of your recipes— love it!
Rachel, on Nov 29, 08:35 AM, wrote:
I found your site a few days before thanksgiving to find a dessert to contribute to a meal at my in-laws who are always very, very thrifty… and these were amazing!! Thanks! I will be coming back to this site for lots more recipes.
miri, on Feb 12, 03:37 AM, wrote:
This looks SUPER TASTY!!
Carpet Cleaning Regina, on Jun 10, 09:57 AM, wrote:
Continue to inspire us. Great content!
bitcoincasino, on Aug 27, 08:41 PM, wrote:
I’ve been troubled for several days with this topic. bitcoincasino But by chance looking at your post solved my problem! I will leave my blog, so when would you like to visit it?