Cinnamon-Chocolate Bread Pudding
- Prep Time 0:15
- Cook Time 1:15
- Estimated Cost $11.50
- 14 Comments
There’s not much to this—it’s really just bread, milk, sugar, eggs and butter, plus chocolate chips and a kiss of cinnamon, but every time I make it, people freak out and beg me for the recipe. The secret is to use rich brioche or challah for the bread, which bakes with the milk and eggs into a mouthwatering custard.
A scoop of vanilla ice cream served alongside really puts this one over the top.
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted (reserve the wrapper) $1 for a stick
- 1 (16-oz.) loaf of challah or brioche, sliced into 1/2"-thick slices $3.50 for a loaf
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips $2 for a 12-oz. bag
- 1 quart whole milk $2
- 3/4 cup sugar Pantry
- 1/2 tsp salt Pantry
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon $1.50 for 1 oz
- 6 eggs $1.50
Recipe Serves 6-8
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Use the wrapper from the butter to lightly grease a 9" x 11" baking pan.
- Layer the bread slices in the prepared baking pan, topping each layer with a scattered handful of the chocolate chips. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the melted butter, milk, sugar, salt, cinnamon and eggs. Whisk just until incorporated, being careful not to over-mix.
- Pour the milk-egg mixture over the prepared bread and chocolate and gently press the bread down to ensure the milk-egg mixture is completely distributed.
- Cover the pan tightly with foil and bake for about 50 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 20-25 minutes, until the top is golden brown.
- Let cool for 5 minutes, then serve.
Leave a Comment
What They're Saying
Sal, on Jan 14, 08:18 AM, wrote:
That looks amazing!!
Ophir, on Jan 14, 10:47 AM, wrote:
Just tried it. Amazing. The kids were fighting over it…
Jay, on Jan 14, 01:08 PM, wrote:
Am I missing something? At what point is the melted butter used?
Jim Williams, on Jan 14, 01:41 PM, wrote:
When do you add butter?
Mona, on Jan 23, 12:19 PM, wrote:
delicious, my kids loved it…so did i :)
very easy to make, i used challah bread, lessened the sugar a bit just because it made me feel like i was making it healthier. will definitely make this again for friends.
anna, on Feb 7, 11:26 AM, wrote:
is this something you could make ahead and then re-heat or would it be soggy the next day?
Margo, on Nov 14, 02:25 AM, wrote:
Why don’t you answer the questions readers ask?
Gabi , on Nov 18, 07:06 AM, wrote:
Sorry to have missed these, Margo! This is an old recipe and I hadn’t seen these comments. The butter issue was fixed a long time ago. Thanks for reading!
casinocommunity, on Sep 22, 03:13 AM, wrote:
First of all, thank you for your post. <a href=“http://cse.google.ge/url?sa=t&url=https%3A%2F%2Foncasino.io”>casinocommunity</a> Your posts are neatly organized with the information I want, so there are plenty of resources to reference. I bookmark this site and will find your posts frequently in the future. Thanks again ^^
baccarat online, on Sep 27, 08:33 PM, wrote:
Your explanation is organized very easy to understand!!! I understood at once. Could you please post about ?? Please!!
AlyceRyan, on Nov 6, 09:59 PM, wrote:
I think that cinnamon-chocolate bread pudding is a good way to use up leftover bread. Try this medical seo for more details. I also think that it is a good way to make dessert in less time than it takes to make regular bread pudding. Cinnamon-chocolate bread pudding is also a good choice for making at home because you can control what goes into your bread pudding and make it as healthy or as unhealthy as you want.
casino online, on Nov 21, 11:30 PM, wrote:
I am very impressed with your writing I couldn’t think of this, but it’s amazing! I wrote several posts similar to this one, but please come and see!
Acompañantes en San Miguel, on Dec 6, 02:53 AM, wrote:
Estoy muy inspirado junto con tu escritura. No podía pensar en esto, ¡pero es increíble! Escribí numerosas publicaciones como esta, sin embargo, ¡ven y mira!
baccaratcommunity, on Jan 31, 01:22 AM, wrote:
Looking at this article, I miss the time when I didn’t wear a mask. Hopefully this corona will end soon. My blog is a blog that mainly posts pictures of daily life before Corona and landscapes at that time. If you want to remember that time again, please visit us.