- Prep Time 0:15
- Cook Time 0:18
- Estimated Cost $9.50
- 5 Comments
My old friend baking mix came to my aid again this morning when I wanted to make cinnamon biscuits to go with brunch. The biscuits look like cinnamon rolls but are fluffy like biscuits and not overly sweet.
- 2 1/2 cups baking mix $4
- 2/3 cups milk $1.50 for a pint
- flour for rolling Pantry
- 6 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened $1 for a stick
- 1 tbsp cinnamon $1.50 for 1 oz.
- 1/2 cup sugar Pantry
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar $1.50 for 12 oz.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease a small rectangular pan. Set aside.
- Combine baking mix and milk until it forms a sticky dough. Roll out on a lightly floured surface into a 10" x 14" rectangle.
- In a small bowl, combine 4 tbsp of the butter with the sugar and cinnamon so it forms a paste. Spread a thin layer of the paste over the entire rectangle. Roll up rectangle into a long tube.
- Use a knife to cut tube into 12 2" spirals. Bake for 16-18 minutes or until golden brown.
- While biscuits bake, whisk together the remaining butter and the powdered sugar. Drizzle over baked biscuits.
- Serve hot. Makes 12 biscuits.