Chorizo Taco Truck Tacos
- Prep Time 0:15
- Cook Time 0:03
- Estimated Cost $9.50
- 6 Comments
They say life imitates art, and, in my opinion, tacos are one of the highest art forms in the world. Those of us who reside in the Bay Area take our taco trucks very seriously. These magical lunch vehicles, which bring delicious and wildly inexpensive Mexican food to the masses, are held in the highest regard around here. If you’ve never been, round up some hungry friends and GO!
Until then though, make this close second.
- 16 3" corn tortillas (aka "taquito tortillas") $1.50 for 60
- 10 oz. chorizo, casing removed (if it has any) $1.50
- 1/2 red onion, diced finely $0.50
- 1 small bunch cilantro, diced finely $1
- 4 tbsp crumbled cotija cheese $2 for 16 oz.
- 1 avocado, diced $1.50
- 4 tbsp Mexican crema $1.50 for 15 oz.
Recipe Serves 4
- Heat a medium frying pan over medium-high heat. Add chorizo and cook, stirring occasionally to break up clumps, for 2-3 minutes, or until browned. Remove from heat.
- Warm tortillas gently in a dry frying pan or in the microwave.
- To assemble tacos, place a spoonful of the cooked chorizo on each tortilla. Top with onion, cilantro, cotija, avocado and crema. Serve immediately.
Leave a Comment
What They're Saying
njudah, on Jun 15, 08:26 PM, wrote:
This is a great recipe for sure. (cotija! cilantro! crema! avocado!) However let me make one suggestion re: chorizo – many times the quality of the meat is um…well..it tastes great but…yeah.
However, you can make your own chorizo at home with ground pork (get it ground fine by the butcher if you can but if not , no big) and use Grady Spears’ recipe. It requires a few spices, some red wine vinegar, and ground pork, but you control what’s in it, and the result is as authentic as any taco truck. his recipe makes 3 lbs but you can easily scale it. It often ends up being cheaper in bulk.
I used to make a ton of it, freeze some, save it, and then trade it for stuff I didn’t make as well as my colleagues. Google it and you’ll find it.
Sandra, on Jun 17, 02:24 AM, wrote:
I love these so much..thanks for the recipe..!
토토, on Feb 19, 11:04 PM, wrote:
The style of this site is great the aspect is truly incredible <a href=“https://www.betmantoto.pro/” target=”_blank” title=“토토”>토토</a>
먹튀사이트, on Feb 19, 11:11 PM, wrote:
This was clearly amazing I would love to see more of this. <a href=“https://www.totosafeguide.com” target=”_blank” title=“먹튀사이트”>먹튀사이트</a>
스포츠토토, on Feb 19, 11:22 PM, wrote:
This kind of content was surprisingly great. It did give me more learning. CIAO <a href=“https://www.totositehot.pro/” target=”_blank” title=“스포츠토토”>스포츠토토</a>
메이저안전놀이터, on Oct 28, 07:49 PM, wrote:
Hello, nice to meet you. You look very happy. I hope it’s full of happiness. I hope we can do it together next time. Have a pleasant time.