Baked Pumpkins with Cardamom, Honey and Yogurt
- Prep Time 0:15
- Cook Time 0:40
- Estimated Cost $5.50
- 7 Comments
Adorable, reasonably healthy and even kid-friendly. This works equally well for breakfast as for dessert.
- 2 small sugar pumpkins (note: they should be about the size of a large orange), tops cut out, seeds and stringy bits removed $3
- 1 1/2 cups plain Greek-style yogurt $2.50 for 16 oz.
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cardamom (or cinnamon) $1.50 for 1 oz.
- 3 tbsp honey (or more to taste) Pantry
Recipe Serves 2
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Roast the pumpkins for about 25 minutes, or until the flesh turns soft but the pumpkin is still intact. Remove pumpkins but leave the oven on.
- Let the roasted pumpkins cool until they can be handles. Use a spoon to gently scoop out the roasted flesh (being careful not to scrape too deeply--you want the pumpkin to retain its shape) and transfer to a bowl. Mash gently with a fork.
- To the mashed pumpkin flesh, add the yogurt, cinnamon and honey. Stir well.
- Divide the pumpkin-yogurt mixture between the two pumkin shells. Bake for 12-15 minutes, just until heated through.
- Serve immediately.
Leave a Comment
What They're Saying
LED Lights Supplier, on Oct 31, 10:15 AM, wrote:
Greektown, a major casino in Detroit, made a serious long-term investment by converting all of the luminaires in the 100,000-square-foot space and 400 hotel rooms to LED lamps, and they have already reduced their energy use by a staggering 88 percent.
Office.com/setup, on Feb 28, 02:26 AM, wrote:
Get started with Microsoft Office by downloading and installing.
You need the dedicated 25-digits product key for activation.
Get the Office setup from Office.com/setup
BullGuard Login, on Mar 12, 02:55 AM, wrote:
BullGuard Internet Security is an extraordinary cybersecurity programming that offers bleeding edge insurance for all your associated gadgets. This all encompassing work area application gives you tenacious security for Windows, Mac and Android gadgets.
my.avast.com, on Mar 18, 03:41 AM, wrote:
Avast Account may be a portal that’s designed for managing your paid subscription, download Avast products, get details about your subscription and tons more. Hence, account creation and Avast check in is a crucial process for enhancing your experience. For this, you’ve got to follow the processes mentioned below.
canon.com/ijsetup, on Jun 24, 10:17 PM, wrote:
Microsoft 365 plans for personal and home provides robust Office desktop apps including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and OneNote.
https://sites.google.com/a/setups.great-site.net/microsoft365-com-setup/ ( allows you to download and activate the Microsoft Office setup. https://canonsetup-canon.com/ijsetup/ (webpage, click Set Up and start the Canon ij printer setup process. If you have a Canon inkjet printer (wireless or wired), setting up the complete printer is easy.
AlyceRyan, on Nov 6, 11:20 PM, wrote:
The recipe is simple to prepare and the results are delicious. The baked pumpkins are so tasty! They taste like a sweet pudding or pie filling, not just a regular pumpkin. Try this true sea moss gummies for more fun. The cardamom and honey give it a very nice flavor that I find myself craving for more when I’ve finished eating one piece.
Deejay, on Dec 12, 11:09 PM, wrote:
I’m a huge fan of baked pumpkins. I love their texture and flavor, and I really appreciate the work that goes into them. They’re a great way to use up leftover pumpkin, and it’s fun to make them look pretty on a table. Visit this spas on longisland for more ideas. I’ve also noticed that people seem to like baked pumpkins more than canned or fresh ones, which makes me wonder if there’s something about them that sets them apart from other types of pumpkin.