Baked Eggs in Tomato Sauce
- Prep Time 0:05
- Cook Time 0:17
- Estimated Cost $11.50
- 5 Comments
There could not be a better supper or brunch to make for unexpected guests. If you already have tomato sauce on hand, it’s just a matter of cracking some eggs, crumbling some feta and chopping parsley. Feel free to switch the parsley out for cilantro, thyme, basil or even chives.
Serve this one with crusty fresh bread or English muffins for dipping.
- 3 cups Quick Fresh Tomato Sauce (or other tomato sauce) $5.50 for the whole recipe
- 4 eggs $1.50 for 6
- 3 oz crumbled feta cheese $3.50 for 8 oz.
- 1 handful fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped $1 for a bunch
- salt and pepper to taste Pantry
Recipe Serves 4
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Ladle 3/4 cup sauce into each of 4 oven-proof bowls or dishes.
- Gently crack an egg into the sauce in each dish.
- Top eggs and sauce with a sprinkle of the crumbled feta.
- Bake for 13-17 minutes (more time will yield a firmer egg yolk).
- Top with parsley and salt and pepper to taste.
Leave a Comment
What They're Saying
Mary Salazar, on Oct 1, 06:31 PM, wrote:
Love the baking idea so easy!
I do something similar called Eggs in Purgutory. Add some red pepper and kalamata olives to the sauce, poach the eggs in the sauce on top of the stove, top with crumbled goats cheese, chiffonade and entire bunch of basil cover for a minute and serve over toasted garlic rubbed french bread.
Grant Gordon, on Oct 5, 01:25 PM, wrote:
This one’s a winner!
IsraeliGirl, on Dec 29, 05:04 AM, wrote:
In Israel we call it Shakshuka. Often made with green and red peppers. Some like it hot. There’s another version with spinach, onion, parmesan, bachamel souce, garlic and heavy cream.
דירות להשכרה בנתניה, on Sep 15, 03:00 AM, wrote:
דירות להשכרה ולמכירה בנתניה
slotsite, on Sep 27, 08:34 PM, wrote:
Your writing is perfect and complete. However, I think it will be more wonderful if your post includes additional topics that I am thinking of. I have a lot of posts on my site similar to your topic. Would you like to visit once?