$5 Dessert: Brown Sugar-Banana Spring Rolls
- Prep Time 0:10
- Cook Time 0:10
- Estimated Cost $5.00
- 21 Comments
This is one of those desserts that impresses everyone—and for good reason. These spring rolls are sophisticated-looking and bursting with flavor…so don’t bother telling anyone that they were ridiculously easy to make and cost you almost nothing. Just bask in the praise and thank me later.
- 4 large egg roll wrappers $2
- 1 banana $0.50
- 4 tbsp brown sugar Pantry
- 4 tbsp shredded coconut $1
- cinnamon $1.50 for 1 oz.
- vegetable oil Pantry
- Slice the banana into fourths lengthwise so you have four long pieces of banana. Slice the long pieces in half so you have eight short, thin pieces of banana.
- Lay a wonton wrapper on a clean, dry surface. Make a little mound with 1 tbsp of coconut and one tbsp of brown sugar in the center of the wrap. Lay 2 banana slices on top of the mound, sprinkle a dash of cinnamon on the banana and roll up, tucking in the ends of the wrapper, as though making a little burrito. Repeat with the remaining wontons.
- Heat about an inch of oil in a medium frying pan over high heat. Cook the spring rolls for 1-2 minutes on each side until golden brown and crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve sliced on the bias, garnished with a little more cinnamon.