Strawberry Gazpacho Shooters
- Prep Time 0:15
- 3 Comments
This sweet-yet-tart, summer-perfect “soup” makes a glamorous appetizer when served in shot glasses, garnished with a single slice of ripe strawberry. Remember, the higher the quality of your produce, the better the soup will taste, so make this one at the height of summer when strawberries and tomatoes are at their ripest and most glorious.
- 1 pints strawberries, hulled, plus a few extra one for garnish $3.50
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds removed, chopped $1
- 1 large, very ripe tomato, cored and chopped 0.50
- ½ red onion, peeled and chopped $0.50 for a whole onion
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped Pantry
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled and chopped $1
- 1 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar Pantry
- 1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Pantry
- Salt and pepper to taste Pantry
- cold water, as needed
Total Cost of Ingredients $6.50
Place all ingredients except salt, pepper and water in a food processor or blender and pulse several times, until smooth. Add water as needed to achieve a soupy consistency. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Pour into shot glasses, mugs or bowls and garnish with a sliced strawberry or 2.