Sriracha-Scallion Potato Salad
- Prep Time 0:20
- Cook Time 0:15
- Estimated Cost $6.50
- 13 Comments
Things I do well but not often enough: sing, ski, play tether-ball and make potato salad. Obviously, I would have been the queen of a musical theater summer camp…that took place in the middle of winter. This potato salad is the spicy answer to the kind my mom used to make. Serve it with burgers, hot dogs or grilled chicken.
- 1 lb. new potatoes, scrubbed, skin on $1
- 2 eggs $1.50 for 6
- 1 small bunch scallions $1
- 1 small bunch flat-leaf parsley, chopped $1
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise Pantry
- 2 tsp (or more to taste) Sriracha $2 for 12 oz.
- salt and pepper to taste Pantry
Recipe Serves 4-6
- Fill a large pot with cold lightly salted water and bring to a boil, covered. Add potatoes and cook, uncovered, for 18-20 minutes, or until fully cooked. Submerge cooked potatoes in cold running water for several minutes, or until cold.
- While potatoes cook, boil the eggs in a small pot filled with water. It should take 8-10 minutes. Remove eggs from heat, and peel under cold water. Leave in cold water until chilled.
- Chop potatoes and eggs coarsely and transfer to a bowl. Add scallions, parsley, mayonnaise, Sriracha, salt and pepper to taste. Mix gently until well-incorporated.
- Serve chilled.