- Prep Time 0:15
- Cook Time 0:16
- 2 Comments
These yummy Greek-ish meatballs come together rapidly. Just do your prep, dump the ingredients into a bowl and start rolling your meatballs.
I served them for dinner with warm pita bread and a veritable pupu platter of toppings.
- 1/2 lb. ground lamb $3.50
- 2 cloves garlic, minced Pantry
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil plus more for greasing the pan Pantry
- 1/2 small white onion, finely chopped $0.50
- 1 egg $1.50 for 12
- 3/4 cup packed fresh spinach leaves, chopped roughly $1
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt (preferably not nonfat) $1.50 for 8 oz.
- 1/4 cup plain bread crumbs $2 for 14 oz.
- 1 handful fresh parsley leaves, chopped $1 for a bunch
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper Pantry
Total Cost of Ingredients $10
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet and set aside.
Place all ingredients together in a mixing bowl and use your hands to gently combine the lamb mixture.
Wash the meat off of your hands and leave them slightly damp (this helps to avoid sticking) and form the mixture into golf ball-size balls. Place on the prepared baking sheet.
Bake for 14-16 minutes or until fully-cooked but still tender.
Makes about 15 meatballs (serves 2—or more as a starter course).