Spaghetti with Green Olive Pesto
- Prep Time 0:20
- Cook Time 0:08
- 13 Comments
This is one of those great dishes for people who don’t think they can cook, mostly because there is so little actual cooking involved in making it. Can you boil pasta? Can you put some stuff into a food processor and press the “on” button? Yep, thought so.
Check you out—you just made dinner.
- 8 oz. dried spaghetti $1 for 16 oz.
- 1/2 cup pimento-stuffed green olives $2.50 for a 10 oz. jar
- 1/8 cup shredded Parmesan cheese $3.50 for 10 oz.
- 1 large handful fresh basil leaves, torn into pieces $1 for a bunch
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Pantry
- juice and zest of 1 lemon $0.50
- salt and pepper to taste Pantry
Total Cost of Ingredients $8.50
Cook spaghetti in salted boiling water according to directions. Drain and return to pot.
Combine olives, Parmesan, basil, olive oil, lemon, salt and pepper in a food processor or blender until smooth.
Toss cooked spaghetti with the pesto. Garnish with more Parmesan, basil and olives if desired.