Sea Bass with Garlic Breadcrumb Topping and Sauteed Spinach
- Prep Time 30 minutes
- Cook Time 15 minutes
- Estimated Cost $12.50
- 15 Comments
Sea Bass is a lot like you—sophisticated, tasty, and cheap. The garlicky breadcrumb topping provides a crunchy and satisfying texture to complement the firm fish and the spinach is the perfect, light side dish. The presentation of this dish is clutch, so get out the pretty plates. Recipe adapted from one by one of our favorite chefs, Dave Lieberman
- 4 tbsp bread crumbs $3
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter $.150 for whole stick
- 2 (6-ounce) sea bass fillets $6
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper Pantry
- 1/2 lemon, zested and juiced $1
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed Pantry
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped $1
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat a casserole dish just large enough to hold the fillets with 1 tablespoon of the butter. Place the fillets in the dish and season with salt, pepper, lemon zest and juice
- Melt the remaining 2 tbsp of butter in a large skillet with the smashed garlic. As soon as the butter starts to bubble, turn off the heat and let the garlic infuse the warm butter.
- Remove the garlic chunks from the butter. Add the bread crumbs and lightly toss until all the butter has been absorbed. Stir in the parsley and season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
- Spread a layer of bread crumb mixture over the top of each fillet and bake for 12 to 15 minutes until bread crumbs are golden brown and fish is cooked through. Serve each fillet atop a mound of the spinach below.
Spinach with Garlic and Lemon
- 1 10 oz bag pre-rinsed baby spinach $3
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped Pantry
- Juice and zest of 1/2 lemon $1
- 2 tbsp olive oil Pantry
- Salt and pepper to taste Pantry
Total cost of ingredients $4
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat
- Cook the garlic and lemon zest until garlic is translucent, watching carefully to avoid burning.
- Slowly add the spinach, moving it around as it cooks. It will cook down and create room in the pan for all of it, eventually.
- Once all the spinach has been added and cooked, Drizzle with the lemon juice and garnish with plenty salt and pepper.