- Prep Time 0:15
- Cook Time 0:15
- Estimated Cost $14.00
- 7 Comments
At 3 AM, after an evening of libations, I am totally game for a greasy, cheesy slice of pizza. Before that point, however, I tend to prefer a classier pie. This sophisticated pizza is perfect in thin wedges with a glass of chardonnay, or in bigger pieces with a green salad as a complete meal.
- 1/2 recipe pizza dough $1.50
- 8 slices salami $3 for 3 oz.
- 1/2 onion, sliced $0.50
- 1 small heirloom tomato, cut into chunks $1
- 1/4 cup ricotta $4 for 10 oz.
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan $4 for 10 oz.
- freshly ground pepper to taste Pantry
- 2 tsp olive oil Pantry
Recipe Serves 2-4
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Lightly dust a pizza pan or baking sheet with flour.
- Heat olive oil in medium frying pan over medium heat. Add onions and allow to caramelize, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- On a floured surface, roll pizza dough out into a 10-12" circle. Transfer dough to pizza pan or baking sheet.
- Using a rubber spatula or butter knife, spread the ricotta over the dough, leaving about 1" edge for a crust. Spread out the salami slices evenly throughout the pizza. Scatter the caramelized onions and tomato chunks in between the salami slices. Sprinkle the whole thing with the Parmesan and a sprinkling of freshly ground pepper.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is browned in spots.
- Cut into wedges and serve.