Salad of Spinach, Figs, Raw Cheddar and Shaved Red Onions
- Prep Time 0:05
- Estimated Cost $10.50
- 5 Comments
I bought everything for this beautiful salad at the Mission Community Market, about an hour ago. Creamy raw cheddar, luscious, ripe figs, crisp spinach and onions—ingredients so perfect in their most basic form that all they need is a little olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Ultimate summer eating.
- 6 cups baby spinach, cleaned and dried $2
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Pantry
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar Pantry
- salt and pepper to taste Pantry
- 6 figs, halved, ends removed $3 for a basket
- 2 oz. raw cheddar, cut into 1/2" cubes $5 for 8 oz.
- 1/4 red onion, sliced very thinly $0.50
Recipe Serves 2-3
- Toss spinach with olive oil, balsamic, salt and pepper until well-coated. Arrange on plates or one big platter.
- Top spinach with halved figs, cubed cheddar, sliced onion and more pepper if desired.