- Prep Time 0:10
- Cook Time 0:25
- Estimated Cost $4.50
- 5 Comments
This easy side dish is perfect alongside chicken, fish or tofu, but it makes an equally satisfying vegetarian entree when tossed with whole wheat pasta and goat cheese. I like to make a double batch on a rainy Sunday afternoon and eat it all week. Oh, and it makes your kitchen smell fabulous.
- 1 sweet potato/yam scrubbed and diced $0.50
- 10 fingerling potatoes scrubbed, halved and cut into large chunks $1
- 1 red onion, peeled and cut into large chunks $0.50
- 1 medium winter or butternut squash, peeled, seeded and diced $1.50
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed Pantry
- a few sprigs of rosemary, sage, flat-leaf parsley or all three $1
- 2 tbsp olive oil Pantry
- salt and pepper to taste Pantry
Recipe Serves 2-4
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spread vegetables and herbs over a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and toss, using hand to ensure all vegetables are coated.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes or until vegetables are cooked through. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot or cold.