Ridiculously Easy Black Bean-Turkey Chili
- Prep Time 0:10
- Cook Time 0:20
- Estimated Cost $13.00
- 11 Comments
Even if you think you can’t cook, you can make this chili. Prepared pico de gallo gives the chili a boost in the flavor and texture departments and tastes fresher than canned tomatoes. It’s easy, fast, cheap and delicious. So stop sending me emails about how my recipes are too expensive and complicated (you know who you are!) and make this.
- 1 tbsp olive oil Pantry
- 1 onion, chopped $0.50
- 3 cloves garlic, minced Pantry
- 1 lb lean ground turkey $3
- 2 15-oz. cans black beans, drained $3
- 1 16-oz. container pico de gallo (preferably the refrigerated kind $3.50
- 1 tsp cumin $1.50 for 1 oz.
- 1 tsp chili powder $1.50 for 1 oz.
- salt and pepper to taste Pantry
Recipe Serves 4-6
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, for 2-3 minutes, until fragrant. Add ground turkey and allow turkey to brown, stirring occasionally, 4-5 minutes.
- Add beans, pico de gallo, cumin, chili powder and salt and pepper to taste. Stir well and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for 10-12 minutes until hot and bubbly. If chili become too thick while cooking, add a little water.
- Serve hot, as is or garnished with shredded cheese, cilantro, chopped onions, sour cream, avocado, hot sauce, etc.