- Prep Time 0:15
- Cook Time 0:08
- Estimated Cost $8.00
- 4 Comments
This is, without a doubt, my favorite thing to have for breakfast. It features soft scrambled eggs, spicy Mexican flavors (and you know I love Mexican), and creamy avocado (Sorry, Sheila. I know you’re over the avo.). All you need to host brunch at your house (or breakfast-for-dinner at your house) is this yummy scramble and some grilled, buttered tortillas, fruit and coffee. (Good friends can usually be coerced into bringing the last 3 items.)
- 1 tbsp olive oil Pantry
- 3 scallions, sliced $1 for a bunch
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced $0.50
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten $1.50
- 1 medium tomato, diced $0.50
- 1/4 cup shredded jack, pepperjack or cheddar cheese $3 for 8 oz.
- 1 avocado, sliced $1.50
- salt and pepper to taste Pantry
Recipe Serves 2-3
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add scallions and jalapeño and cook, stirring occasionally, for 1-2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and add eggs, stirring frequently to avoid the eggs developing any color. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Gently stir in tomato and cook, stirring occasionally, just until eggs have finished cooking. Top with shredded cheese and stir once or twice, just to encourage melting.
- Divide between plates and top with sliced avocado.