- Prep Time 0:10
- Cook Time 0:05
- Estimated Cost $11.50
- 5 Comments
What better way to welcome (or at least encourage) warm weather than this luscious, flavorful salad? I love it with light, crispy tofu, but it’s also delicious with grilled fish, chicken or prawns. Buy your peanuts in the bulk section for the best deal.
- 1 ripe mango, diced $1.50
- 1 ripe avocado, diced $1
- 2 carrots, shredded $1
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved $2
- 2 scallions, sliced $1
- 1/2 red onion, diced $1
- 1 small bunch fresh mint, chopped $1
- 8 oz. tofu, cubed $1.50
- 2 tsp vegetable oil Pantry
- 1/2 lemon, juiced $0.50
- 1 tbsp olive oil Pantry
- 1 tsp sugar or honey Pantry
- 1/8 cup roasted peanuts, crushed $1
- salt and pepper to taste Pantry
Recipe Serves 2
- Heat vegetable oil in a medium frying pan over high heat. Fry tofu for 2-3 minutes on 2 sides until crisp and brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, sugar/honey and salt and pepper to taste in a small bowl. In a salad bowl, toss together avocado, mango, carrots, onions, scallions, tomatoes, and mint. Toss with dressing and divide between two plates.
- Divide the tofu and peanuts between the two plates of salad and serve.