Magical Cranberry-Walnut Bread
- Prep Time 0:10
- Cook Time 0:46
- 4 Comments
This bread is truly magical. Each bite is nutty and fruity, with an extremely pleasant coconut aftertaste. Amazingly, it’s made without wheat or sugar (don’t worry, you won’t miss either), making it perfect if you’re gluten-free or watching your carbohydrate intake. It’s also awesomely filling and satisfying, making it a perfect grab-and-go breakfast food. I like it toasted and spread with a little butter, alongside a cup of tea.
- olive oil or cooking spray, for greasing bread pan Pantry
- 3/4 cup coconut flour $5 for 1 lb
- 1 tsp baking powder Pantry
- 3/4 tsp salt Pantry
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon $1.50 for 1 oz.
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted $1
- 6 eggs $1.50 for 12
- 1 cup dried cranberries, plus a few extra for garnish $2 (buy in the bulk section)
- 1 cup raw, walnut halves $2.50 (buy in the bulk section)
Total Cost of Ingredients $13.50
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly grease a medium (8 1/2 × 4 1/2 × 2 1/2) bread pan and set aside.
Stir together the coconut flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Whisk melted butter and eggs into the mixed dry ingredients until a very thick batter forms. Use a wooden spoon or rubber spatula to fold in the cranberries and walnuts. Scrape into prepared pan and bake for 35-42 minutes, or until golden-brown on the outside and firm to the touch.
Let cool, then slice and serve.
Serves about 6. Wrap leftovers tightly and store in the refrigerator.