- Prep Time 0:15
- Estimated Cost $5.00
- 9 Comments
It always seems funny to me when people tell me my guacamole is amazing. I mean, it does taste amazing, but there’s no secret to it. It’s essentially just a bowl of fresh, yummy ingredients, smashed together to create a delicious orchestra of flavor. For just five bucks and fifteen minutes, you too can be the most popular kid at the potluck.
- 2 ripe avocados $3
- 1/4 red onion, finely diced $0.50
- 1 clove garlic, minced Pantry
- 1 small bunch (a handful) fresh cilantro, finely chopped $1
- 1/2 jalapeño (seeds intact if you like spicy--discard them if not), finely chopped $0.25
- 1 Roma tomato, finely chopped $0.25
- juice of 1/4 lemon $0.50
- salt and pepper to taste Pantry
Recipe Serves 4-6
- To peel the avocados, slice them in half, lengthwise. Use a knife to carefully remove the pits. Use a spoon to scrape the flesh into a mixing bowl, making sure to get it all. Smash the avocado with the back of a large fork, leaving it slightly chunky.
- Gently stir in the onion, garlic, cilantro, jalapeño, tomato, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Serve or refrigerate covered immediately.