Grilled Peaches over Mixed Greens with Ricotta, Avocado and Sweet Onion Dressing
- Prep Time 0:25
- Cook Time 0:15
- Estimated Cost $11.50
- 5 Comments
This is summer eating at its best. Grilling makes sweet white peaches even sweeter but drawing out their natural sugars, creamy ricotta and avocado lends an indulgent hand and fresh mint keeps things light and refreshing.
Hint: Hey vegans, try this one minus the ricotta.
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil, plus more for brushing grill/grill pan Pantry
- 1/2 red onion, sliced $0.50
- 1 handful mint, plus more for garnish $0.50
- 1 tbsp plus 2 tsp balsamic vinegar Pantry
- 1 tbsp olive oil Pantry
- 1 tsp honey, plus more for drizzling Pantry
- 2 ripe peaches (I like white peaches for this recipe), halved, pit removed $2
- 8 tbsp ricotta cheese $4 for 15 oz.
- 8 cups mixed greens $3
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced $1.50
- salt and pepper Pantry
Recipe Serves 2-4
- Heat vegetable oil in a medium frying pan over medium-low heat. Add sliced onions and cook, stirring very occasionally, for 10-12 minutes. The onions should become very soft and fragrant.
- In a food processor or blender, puree caramelized onions, mint, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, honey, and a pinch of salt. Add a few drops of water if necessary to achieve a nearly-smooth dressing. Set aside.
- Heat grill or grill pan over high heat. Brush lightly with oil. Grill peaches flesh-side down for 2-3 minutes, or until grill marks appear and peaches soften slightly. Remove from heat.
- To assemble salads, toss greens together with dressing and divide between 2 or 4 plates. Top with a few avocado slices and 1 or 2 peach halves. Top each peach half with a generous dollop of ricotta, a light drizzle of honey and freshly-cracked pepper. Serve immediately.