Ginger Butterscotch over Ice Cream in Won ton Cups
- Prep Time 0:25
- Cook Time 0:15
- Estimated Cost $13.50
- 1 Comment
This easy butterscotch sauce was inspired by Smitten Kitchen’s delicious version. Ginger perks it up and the cute won ton cups make a nice alternative to a cone. Feel free to get creative with the flavor of the ice cream.
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter $1 for a stick
- 1/2 cup brown sugar Pantry
- 1/2 cup heavy cream $1.50 for a pint
- salt to taste Pantry
- 1 small piece ginger, peeled and minced $1
- 2 tsp vanilla extract $4 for 4 oz.
- 1 pint good vanilla ice cream $4
- 6 large egg roll wrappers $2 for a package
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil for brushing Pantry
Recipe Serves 6
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Using a pastry brush, lightly brush both sides of an egg roll wrapper with vegetable oil. Press into a large muffin tin, so that the wrapper forms a cup. Repeat with remaining wrappers. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cups are golden brown and crispy.
- To make ginger butterscotch, melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar, salt, ginger and vanilla and whisk for 3-4 minutes or until sauce is brown and fragrant. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- To serve, put a small scoop of ice cream in each cup and drizzle with warm ginger butterscotch. Serve immediately.