Garden Vegetable Turkey Burgers
- Prep Time 0:20
- Cook Time 0:14
- Estimated Cost $11.00
- 8 Comments
These colorful turkey burgers keep things interesting with crunchy vegetables, creamy goat cheese and a lightly charred outside. The vegetables and cheese keep the meat moist and juicy down to the last bite. Try serving these burgers in pita bread or sprouted wheat buns.
- 1 lb lean ground turkey $4.50
- 1/2 white onion, diced $0.50
- 3 cloves garlic, minced Pantry
- 1 cup packed spinach leaves, chopped $0.50
- 1 large or 2 small carrots, diced $0.50
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced $1
- 1 handful fresh herbs (parsley, basil and/or cilantro work best), chopped $1 for a bunch
- 2 oz. crumbled goat cheese $3 for 6 oz.
- pinch each of salt and pepper Pantry
- olive oil for grill or pan Pantry
Recipe Serves 4-6
- Use clean hands to mix together all ingredients except olive oil. Form into 6 patties.
- Brush a grill or grill pan with olive oil and heat over medium-high heat. Cook patties for 5-7 minutes on each side or until fully-cooked (check by cutting into a burger).
- Serve burgers plain, on buns/pitas or over lightly-dressed greens.