Crispy Peach-Ricotta Spring Rolls with Balsamic Reduction
- Prep Time 0:30
- Cook Time 0:10
- Estimated Cost $7.00
- 11 Comments
These sweet spring rolls would be even more perfect with a bowl of vanilla bean ice cream but they definitely don’t need it.
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar Pantry
- 4 peaches, cored and diced $2
- 3 tbsp ricotta cheese $3.50 for 8 oz.
- 1 tbsp brown sugar Pantry
- pinch each salt and pepper Pantry
- 8 large spring roll wrappers $1.50 for 30
- vegetable oil for frying Pantry
Recipe Serves 3-4
- Heat balsamic vinegar in a small pot over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vinegar has reduced into a thick, syrupy substance. Remove from heat.
- Combine diced peaches, ricotta, brown sugar, salt and pepper in a small bowl and mix well.
- To assemble the spring rolls, place 1/8 of the mixture into a the center of a spring roll wrapper. Tuck in ends, as if making a burrito and roll up tightly to form a spring roll. Repeat with remaining filling and wrappers.
- Pour about 2" of vegetable oil into a large frying pan and heat over medium-high heat. Use tongs to carefully place spring rolls into the hot oil, seam-side down, and cook until golden-brown, rotating as necessary, using tongs.
- Drain cooked spring rolls on paper towels.
- To serve, cut spring rolls on the bias and drizzle with balsamic reduction.