Corn, Avocado and Black Bean Salad with Raspberries
- Prep Time 0:10
- 22 Comments
This versatile vegan, gluten-free salad can be served as a side dish to burgers, tacos and sandwiches (perfect for picnics), or simply with chips or grilled corn tortillas as a colorful and sweet salsa. Feel free to experiment with blackberries instead of the raspberries, or to add chopped hot peppers.
- 3 ears fresh corn, shucked $2
- 6 oz, fresh raspberries $3.50
- 1/3 red onion, chopped finely (about 1/2 cup) $0.50 for whole onion
- 1 15-oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed $1.50
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and diced $1.50
- 1 medium tomato, chopped $0.50
- 1 handful fresh cilantro leaves, chopped $1 for bunch
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Pantry
- juice of 1 lime $0.50
- salt and pepper to taste Pantry
Total Cost of Ingredients $11
Using a very sharp knife, cut the kernels off of the corn cobs and transfer to a large bowl.
Gently run a knife over the raspberries a few times, just to break them apart. Add to the bowl with the corn.
To the bowl, add the beans, avocado, tomato and cilantro. Toss well to combine. Drizzle with the olive oil and lime juice and toss well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve immediately or chill (up to 12 hours) until ready to serve.
Serves 4 (as a salad) and up to 8 (as a salsa).