Chilled Watermelon-Yogurt Soup
- Prep Time 0:10
- Estimated Cost $8.00
- 3 Comments
I bought a brand new camera today and was so excited to cook up a storm, but it’s an absolutely gorgeous (and hot) day here in San Francisco, and I can’t seem to get myself to turn my stove on. Rather, I think I’ll have some chilled soup and head to Dolores Park.
Note: be sure to use plenty of pepper. It perks up the mellow watermelon.
- 1 small or 1/2 large seedless watermelon, removed from rind and cut into chunks $4
- 1 cup plain yogurt (whole, low-fat or nonfat) $2.50 for a pint
- juice of 1 lemon $0.50
- 1 handful fresh mint leaves $1 for a bunch
- salt and pepper to taste Pantry
Recipe Serves 4
- Puree all ingredients together in a blender or food processor. Chill until needed or serve immediately in glasses or bowls.