Brown Sugar-Peach Semifreddos
- Prep Time 3:00
- Cook Time 0:20
- Estimated Cost $8.50
- 2 Comments
Semifreddos are just the thing when you want to serve a special frozen dessert but don’t have an ice cream maker. The brown sugar in the imparts a unique caramel flavor to the fresh peach custard making these truly memorable. Serve with a sprig of mint and maybe a few fresh raspberries.
- 6 ripe peaches, peeled, diced $4
- 1 pint half-and-half $1.50
- 1 cup brown sugar Pantry
- 3 egg yolks, lightly beaten $1.50 for 6 eggs
- pinch salt Pantry
- 9 foil muffin cup liners $1.50 for 50
Recipe Serves 9
- Using a blender or food processor, puree half of the diced peaches. Set aside.
- In a medium pot, heat half-and-half and brown sugar over medium heat, whisking until steamy (but not boiling).
- Pour about 1/2 cup warm mixture into the egg yolks and whisk to mix. Slowly add the egg mixture to the half-and-half/sugar mixture, whisking constantly. Add the salt. Continue whisking until a custard thick enough to coat the back of a spoon forms.
- Pour custard into a bowl and allow to cool (refrigerating helps) for 30 minutes.
- Add peach puree and diced peaches to cooled custard. Set aside.
- Line 9 regular muffin cups with foil liners. Carefully pour the peach-custard mixture into the muffin cups.
- Freeze for at least 2 hours, or until needed.