- Prep Time 0:10
- Cook Time 0:27
- Estimated Cost $1
- 4 Comments
Earthy, sweet and reminiscent of potato chips. Serve these with a creamy, delicate spring onion dip.
- 1 large or 2 medium beets, peeled $1
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Pantry
- salt Pantry
Recipe Serves 4
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Use a mandolin, the slice edge of a cheese grater or a very sharp knife to slice the beet very thinly (but not paper-thin--you want them to be sturdy enough to hold dip).
- Place in a large mixing bowl and pour the oil over them.
- Use your hands to toss well.
- Spread the oiled beet slices over the prepared baking sheets so that they are well-spaced-out. Sprinkle lightly with the salt.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, then flip and bake on the other side until chips are crisp, 10-12 minutes. Let cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.