Beef-Kimchi Nori Rolls
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Estimated Cost $10
- 36 Comments
Things I’m trying to eat less of: refined carbohydrates, vegetable oils, sugar.
Things I’m trying to eat more of: healthy fats, protein, sea vegetables, fermented (pro-biotic) foods.
This recipe contains all of the things i’m trying to eat more of. And it’s good. I love the rolls cut into 2 and eaten in place of a sandwich for lunch, or sliced into sushi maki-sized bites as an appetizer.
- 1 6 oz. skirt steak $3
- salt and pepper to taste Pantry
- 4 sheets toasted nori $1.50 for 10
- 3/4 cup kimchi $4 for 16 oz.
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced $1.50
Recipe Serves 2
- Season steak with salt and pepper to taste on both sides.
- Heat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Cook steak to desired doneness and let rest on a cutting board for 5 minutes.
- Slice into 3/4"-thick slices.
- To assemble rolls, lay a nori sheet, shiny side down, on a clean, dry surface.
- In the middle of the sheet, layer a few slices of steak, avocado and kimchi (make sure it's all facing the same direction).
- Roll up tightly and lightly wet the seam with water. Press to seal.
- Set roll aside and repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Once all rolls are made, slice in half (or into smaller slices) and serve.
- Top with toasted sesame seeds if desired.