BBQ Pork Burgers
- Prep Time 0:10
- Cook Time 0:15
- 6 Comments
*I love summer grilling, but I get tired of the same old hot dogs and hamburgers over and over again. With this in mind, I set out to create a simple-to-make, yet unique burger. These ultra-easy ones satisfy a craving for pulled pork, but can be made in the same amount of time it takes to assemble a ground beef burger patty.
Note: The burgers can also be rolled into smaller balls and baked as individual meatballs.
- 1 lb ground pork $3.50
- 2 cloves garlic. minced Pantry
- 3 scallions, chopped $1 for a bunch
- 4 tbsp prepared barbeque sauce, plus more for serving $4 for an 18 oz. bottle
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs $2.50 for 12 oz.
- vegetable or canola oil for grill/grill pan Pantry
Total Cost of Ingredients $11
Combine pork, garlic, scallions and BBQ sauce and bread crumbs in a mixing bowl. Use hands to combine well, then form into 4 patties.
Lightly oil a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Cook burgers to desired doneness, brushing with extra BBQ sauce once or twice during cooking.
Serve on buns, over mixed greens or plain.
Makes 4 burgers.