Baked Pumpkins with Cardamom, Honey and Yogurt
- Prep Time 0:15
- Cook Time 0:40
- Estimated Cost $5.50
- 94 Comments
Adorable, reasonably healthy and even kid-friendly. This works equally well for breakfast as for dessert.
- 2 small sugar pumpkins (note: they should be about the size of a large orange), tops cut out, seeds and stringy bits removed $3
- 1 1/2 cups plain Greek-style yogurt $2.50 for 16 oz.
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cardamom (or cinnamon) $1.50 for 1 oz.
- 3 tbsp honey (or more to taste) Pantry
Recipe Serves 2
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Roast the pumpkins for about 25 minutes, or until the flesh turns soft but the pumpkin is still intact. Remove pumpkins but leave the oven on.
- Let the roasted pumpkins cool until they can be handles. Use a spoon to gently scoop out the roasted flesh (being careful not to scrape too deeply--you want the pumpkin to retain its shape) and transfer to a bowl. Mash gently with a fork.
- To the mashed pumpkin flesh, add the yogurt, cinnamon and honey. Stir well.
- Divide the pumpkin-yogurt mixture between the two pumkin shells. Bake for 12-15 minutes, just until heated through.
- Serve immediately.